Motor Vehicle Accident
Reasons to see a Chiropractor following a Motor Vehicle Accident:
- You may have injuries that you don’t know about.
- The other driver’s insurance company will decide that you’re healthy.
- A chiropractor can get rid of your symptoms and get you back to pre-injury status.
- You want to avoid long-term problems and chronic conditions.
- Chiropractic care can reduce the need for drugs.
- X-rays, MRI’s and other diagnosing needs can be managed here.
Protect yourself and others:
- Drive defensively.
- Don’t drive after drinking.
- Make sure you and your passengers wear seat belts.
- Use appropriate and properly installed car seats for small children.
- Have adequate insurance coverage, including MedPay (this will pay your medical bills so you don’t have to pay out of pocket)
If an accident happens:
- Help or get help for injured people.
- Warn motorists (use flares, hazard lights).
- Call 911 to contact the police or Highway Patrol if an injury or death occurs.
- Cooperate fully with law officers, and speak with your insurance company or insurance
- agent and/or lawyer.
After an accident:
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days if someone is injured or killed or if damage to either car is more than $750.
- Make a claim with your insurance company and/or the other driver’s insurance company to pay for your injuries and losses.
Source: The State Bar of California
A good personal injury attorney will…
- Explain your rights
- Contact the insurance company directly and work with them on your behalf
- Gather evidence
- Help coordinate your medical care and assist with outstanding medical bills
- Stop insurance company harassment